ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

ColorPic drag&drop grouping of colors

Would it be possible to implement drag&drop in the color palette to switch the slot of two colors?
Non of the colors should disappear, they should just be switched. Would it be possible to set the number of color slots by users choice? Also the programm should not become shareware because of this ;P

reg4rds
kevin
by Kevin P. on Mar 15 2005 2:03am Reply

Kevin,

Thanks for your message - I like the idea of drag and drop on the ColorPic. Lots of people have also asked about naming the color chips, and I have several ideas of my own too. I'm thinking of writting a ColorStudio application, which will allow increased control over the colors and modification of individual colors. I'm glad that you think that the ColorPic is on the verge of being a program that you pay for, I'd like to keep it free as it's so popular and create a 'big brother' version that has all these advance features that people ask about.
by Nico Westerdale on Mar 15 2005 8:35am Reply

Bah! I don't like the idear to pay for more functionality. Hopefully there will be someone else who can build a tool with this functions and with some new features. The only thing good on ColorPic is, that it is very good quality software and Freeware. I guess there are 30 Tools there who do the same but you have to pay 5-30euro/dollar for them.

Beside, without a credit card it is then even harder to be crative.

reg4rds
chojin
by Kevin P. on Mar 15 2005 9:56am Reply

Kevin,

As I said before I intend to keep the ColorPic freeware - and dragging and dropping to swap color chip cetainly does not justify a price increase and I would like to include it in the free version.

I'm sorry that you're adversed to paying for software. I know a lot of people have this reaction to 'try before you by software' as somehow going against the community spirt. I can only say that if my rent were free then I would gladly make free software, but it's not so I don't. To be able to invest the time to make products like the Screen Calipers I simply have to charge for them.

I hope you enjoy the free software that I do have on my site.
by Nico Westerdale on Mar 15 2005 10:14am Reply

Hi Nico,

it is not that paying for Software is bad, it is more that Software that was made as Freeware has a higher quality standard because the author wants to create a good piece of software that the ppl would love to use and his main intention is not to make money with it.
The most Shareware I have seen is exactly that: Makeing money with ugly, buggy software.
I recommend many Software to the ppl in my office and to my friends, but with shareware I allways got a bad feeling.

reg4rds
kevin
by Kevin P. on Mar 16 2005 3:59am Reply

I couldn't agree with you more that there are a lot of companies out there that take the route of making money with poor quality software. I always wonder if people actually buy some of the buggy stuff that I've downloaded over the years. I guess that they must!
by Nico Westerdale on Mar 16 2005 9:46am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login