ICONICO

Discussion Thread

WebTools Pro

Message Thread

For WindowsFor Internet ExplorerWebTools Pro

WebTools Pro iconUse the HTML developer's handy toolbox to run reports and analyze your HTML in a myriad of different ways.

Posted in the WebTools Pro Forum.

Can't Copy HTML text

Love the product. Only thing I have trouble dealing with is the lack of the ability to cut/paste from WTP. One such use where it's VERY needed is client-side code that dynamically buids the html. Doing a view/source in the browser yields all javascript...you can't see what the browser actually rendered. WTP offers this under PageInfo/NodeTree at the root HTML node. I can highlight the entire HTML code that the browser ultimately rendered....but I can't copy it!

Is there a secret to accomplishing this? If not, can anyone point me to another solution that will yield the HTML that is dynamically built by javascript?

Thank you,
Tim
by Tim Hoefer on Oct 21 2007 10:10pm Reply

Can't Copy HTML text

N/M. Was using Textpad and somehow I must have clicked the ReadOnly indicator in the status bar at one point. I was pasting but getting no "beep" to indicate I was attempting to paste content into a read-only document. Made writeable and see that the WTP report content is indeed trasferring to the clipboard.

Feel free to nuke this thread.

-Tim
by Tim H on Oct 21 2007 10:16pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login