ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Data Extractor

Message Thread

For WindowsData Extractor

Data Extractor iconExtract any data, including email addresses and URLs from your files and webpages.

Posted in the Data Extractor Forum.

Data Extractor causing huge cached file buildup - where is it?

Data Extractor is working great, but it seems that it builds up a cache of files on my hard drive from the web pages it has loaded and extracted from - and that cache is getting huge - at least 5 gigs on my hard drive and now I'm out of room on the drive. I want to delete this cache. Where is this cache of files? Should I delete them within a particular program (eg. Internet Explorer?).

Also when I'm running Data Extractor sometimes I get a warning message from Windows saying that I'm Low on Virtual Memory. This shouldn't be, as I have 512 MB memory on my PC. How can I fix this problem? Thanks.
by Randy Macdonald on Sep 2 2008 5:04pm Reply

Data Extractor causing huge cached file buildup - where is it?

You must be doing a LOT of extracting! If you delete your temporary files from within Internet Explorer then that will free up your disk space.

The virtual memory is a harder problem to diagnose without seeing your machine. I'd try running only one application and unistalling anything that you don't use.
by Nico Westerdale on Sep 3 2008 11:51am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login