ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Points On A Canvas

Message Thread

For WindowsPoints On A Canvas

Points On A Canvas iconConfigurable points for ultimate measurements.

Posted in the Points On A Canvas Forum.

Suggestion

Hello,
I have a suggestion for additional function. I would like to be able to set a point as an origin and then have POAC tell me the x and y offset from that origin of each point I create, rather than the distance between each point. It would also be useful to change which point is set as the origin and have all the offsets update automatically.

Regards
Peter
by Peter Talbot on Jan 2 2019 8:00am Reply

Suggestion

Thanks! I added it to the list of suggestions we have for this product.
by Constantin Florea on Jan 2 2019 12:07pm Reply

Suggestion

Could you please try this installer:
http://iconicoblob.blob.core.windows.net/ico/PointsCanvas/setupPointsOnACanvasOrigin.exe

It contains the point of origin feature you mentioned above. Before releasing it into the main version, I would like to hear your thoughts about the current implementation and also if there are any issues which need to be fixed related to it.

To use this functionality make sure you have the following two lines anywhere in the "Point View Settings" window:
X Offset from origin: POINT.COORD.OFFSET.X.ORIGIN
Y Offset from origin: POINT.COORD.OFFSET.Y.ORIGIN

You can access the "Point View Settings" window through the "Point" -> "Point Representation" menu option.

Then you can right click any point on the canvas and select "Set This As Origin Point". When you want to set another point the origin, you just set it without worrying about the previous one. You can also clear/reset the origin point so that no point on the canvas is the origin (notice the "Clear Origin Point" menu option from the contextual menu).

For example, I have the following in the "Point View Settings" window:
POINT.NAME
POINT.COORD.X
POINT.COORD.Y
X Offset from origin: POINT.COORD.OFFSET.X.ORIGIN
Y Offset from origin: POINT.COORD.OFFSET.Y.ORIGIN
by Constantin Florea on Jan 3 2019 11:28am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login