ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Data Extractor

Message Thread

For WindowsData Extractor

Data Extractor iconExtract any data, including email addresses and URLs from your files and webpages.

Posted in the Data Extractor Forum.

Data extract from Outlook Express folder

I downloaded the trial version to test it to see if this software will help with a project of mine.

I have a folder in Outlook Express that holds messages where I place emails containing URL links to product information.

I want to parse out the links and save them to a file.

This sounds like something this software should do, but when I browse to the .dbx file for the Outlook folder the extractor returns no results.

Is there a way to extract from Outlook, or is the product not able to do that?
by Dan Simmons on Feb 25 2009 5:53pm Reply

You need a different product, check out our Email Extractor:
http://www.iconico.com/EmailExtractor
by Nico Westerdale on Feb 25 2009 6:04pm Reply

I downloaded the trial version of Email Extractor, but I'm confused.

It does not seem to be able to extract anything other than email addresses from the email messages.

I need to extract URLs - hyperlinks, not email addresses - that are in the body of the email messages in particular folders. That's why I thought Data Extractor would work, because it specifically has a feature to look for particular text.

Does the Email Extractor product have some parsing or extraction feature I'm not seeing?
by Dan Simmons on Feb 25 2009 7:04pm Reply

Oh sorry I read your post to quickly and missed that you were looking for URLs. I think your best bet would be to save out the files from outlook individually, you should be able to just drag them into a Windows folder. Then use Data Extractor to grab the URLs.
by Nico Westerdale on Feb 25 2009 7:10pm Reply

Email addresses

Hi Nico,

I have previously emailed some questions re your Email Extractor and Data Extractor software.
To whom this would of gone to I do not know, but would you be able to reply to me previous email please.

Many thanks.

kindest Regards,
Mick
by Mick Cowley on Jul 6 2009 4:36pm Reply

Email addresses

Yes, that was about an hour ago, we'll reply shortly.
by Nico Westerdale on Jul 6 2009 4:43pm Reply

Email addresses

Ok, thanks Nico.
by Mick Cowley on Jul 6 2009 5:02pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login