ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Easy Read

Message Thread

For WindowsFor Internet ExplorerEasy Read

Easy Read iconMagnify webpages as you browse the web to easily read anything.

Posted in the Easy Read Forum.

not working

I have been using Easy Read for a couple of years and had no problems. Now it won't respond. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, but it still won't respond. Nothing happens when i click the plus or minus buttons. I have IE7 and Windows Vista Home Premium. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you.
by Teresa Carney on Jun 11 2009 9:31pm Reply

not working

Well I would suggest that you updated your system in some way over the last few days, it's rather hard to diagnose but sometimes virus software can block Internet Explorer's extensions.
by Nico Westerdale on Jun 12 2009 10:25am Reply

not working

Thanks for the idea. I'll try a system restore and see if works. I did do a scan and found no viruses or spyware/adware.
Thanks, again,
Teresa
by Teresa Carney on Jun 12 2009 6:52pm Reply

not working

I too have had Easy Read on my computer for a few years and today, when I tried to use it; it was inoperable. I tried downloading it again from the Iconico website, and the new installment did not work either.
by Delores Mills on Jun 13 2009 9:03pm Reply

not working

We've had the following report:

After removal of Microsoft update KB 969897 worked Easy Read back to normal.
by Nico Westerdale on Jun 14 2009 11:23am Reply

not working

Thanks nico - I can confirm that removing that update has solved the problem.
by Nick Axon on Jun 15 2009 3:19pm Reply

not working

Having solved that problem, I now need to know how to stop my pc re-installing that update which stops EasyRead from working again ! lol
by Nick Axon on Jun 17 2009 9:46am Reply

not working

Heh, should be in your Windows Update Settings.
by Nico Westerdale on Jun 17 2009 11:18am Reply

not working

I am having the same problem but don't know how to remove the MS Update KB 969897 . Can you tell me how to do it?
Thanks
indianflyer67@yahoo.com
by Daniel Jacquot on Jun 17 2009 12:39pm Reply

not working

Daniel, Go to add/remove programs. Make sure the "show updates" box at the top is ticked and delete the update from there.

Only trouble is it seems that bloody Microsoft then insists on re-installing the update next time you log off or on unless you totally switch off all updates ! Grrrr !!!
by Nick Axon on Jun 18 2009 11:16am Reply

not working

Thank you,
The system restore didn't work. Then I read about removing that particular update, so I tried that and it worked.
Thank you to those who suggested it and also told how to remove that update. Eacy Read is now working...until Microsoft windows automatically puts the update back!!!!
Appreciate the suggestions.
Teresa
by Teresa Carney on Jun 21 2009 12:34pm Reply

not working

Nico, Love the script.

Wish you could get it fixed/updated to reflect the latest update from MS [Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (KB 969897)].

Unfortunately, the MS update is required for users to stay safe while traveling the net and If lnot applied and one happens accorss a site that has some nasty code in it one may be sorry. So, everyone out there that unistalled it, think about it again.

Please try to rectify this problem. The script is great (and it may be good for busines too...)
by Curious on Jul 1 2009 10:25pm Reply

not working

Isn't this something Iconixco should fix? Isn't it their program?
by Frank Mintz on Jul 27 2009 5:21pm Reply

not working

It's "Iconico"
by Nico Westerdale on Jul 27 2009 6:20pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login