ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Protractor

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Protractor

Screen Protractor iconWork with engineering plans or designs to measure degrees or radians on your screen.

Posted in the Screen Protractor Forum.

Application Error, Screen Protractor 4.0

Installed on Win7, got this error when attempting to open the program:

Exception EOleSysError in module Protractor.exe at 0006E5E5. Error accessing the OLE registry.
by aierfalomn on Nov 8 2009 5:59pm Reply

Thanks for the post, we're still reviewing the applications for Win7 and hope to have an update soon.
by Nico Westerdale on Nov 9 2009 11:33am Reply

To solve the problem please do the following: Right click the application and choose “Run as Administrator”.
by Constantin Florea on Jul 15 2011 8:07pm Reply

Will this be a one time event to "Run As Administrator" while logged in as a regular user account?  My users don't have administrator rights to the pc, so this would cause an issue in allowing them to use the program.
by Dean Starks on Aug 29 2013 8:10pm Reply

Please take a look at this thread:
http://www.iconico.com/discussions/view.aspx?id=856&forum=1
(at the second post on how to allow individual users access to the registry)
by Constantin Florea on Aug 29 2013 8:55pm Reply

In the regedit, there is no folder called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Iconico.  I verified this by installing Screen Protractor on a second pc.  The only folder that I found with Iconico in it is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Iconico.  I did do the Full Control permissions on Everyone in that one just in case the post you referred me to was mispelled, but that didn't fix my issue either.  I also tried adding the key  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Iconico with Everyone having Full Control, but that didn't work either.  Any other ideas?

by Dean Starks on Sep 5 2013 1:54pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login