ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

Grab Colour Of Links

If I'm grabbing colours from a screen that uses 3 link colours:
1) Highlighted (aka mouseover)
2) Followed
3) Unfollowed (aka initial)
how do I grab the colour from the followed and unfollowed links? As soon as the pointer touches a link, it becomes Highlighted.
by Chuck Croll on Jun 19 2006 7:39pm Reply

Grab Colour Of Links

You're correct that it's a little tricky to grab colors of unhighlighted links as rolling over would change the color. What I suggest that you do is the following.

1: Open the web page you want to grab color from and press the 'Print Screen' button on your keyboard. It's usually on the top row on the right.

2: Open any graphics program, for example Paint of Adobe Photoshop.

3: From the 'Edit' menu select 'Paste' or press 'Ctrl' and 'V' on your keyboard.

4: An image of the web page will appear in your graphics program, and then you can use ColorPic to pick the color from the image.

I hope this helps.
by Nico Westerdale on Jun 20 2006 8:55am Reply

Grab Colour Of Links

this requires a feature request:
"ReGrag last location" button
meaning ColoPic will sample the color at the exact coordinates as last sample, even if the mouse is elsewhere
by baldhead on Jun 21 2006 12:13am Reply

Grab Colour Of Links

Thats an interesting idea. It might also be done as a delayed grab. I'll consider this for the next version. Thanks for the feedback.
by Nico Westerdale on Jun 21 2006 8:13am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login